We miss you at the spas, but we know that everyone's safety takes priority. With that being said, we came up with our Spa in Our Box, which offers different services in a box that will be delivered to you at home.
In this blog, we want to talk about how to remove your gel polish at home. Check out the stet by step how to using all the items that are available in the shellac removal and manicure Spa in a box.
Items not in box that you will need to get:
- Bowl for manicure big enough to put your hand
- Dash of soap
- A bit of olive oil or any oil that you may have.
Items in the Box:
- Black File
- Square buffer
- Wooden Stick
- Cuticle Cream
- 10 pieces of cotton
- 10 pieces of cut foil
- 1 vial of acetone
- Base Coat (depending on which box was purchased)
Gel Polish Removal
- Use the black file to break the surface of the gel polish. You want to file lightly to break the shine as this will allow the acetone to penetrate for easy removal.
2. Soak, no drench, the cotton in acetone, place the cotton on your nail and and then tightly wrap with the foil strip. Repeat on all the nails. Leave it wrapped for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Remove the foil and cotton pad.
4. Use the wooden stick, to gently scrape the polish off. If it seems very difficult, place back cotton and foil and let soak for 10 more minutes.
5. Use the buffer to gently buff the nails.
Steps for manicure.
- Get a bowl, big enough to soak one hand, put a little soap.
- File your nails to the shape that you like.
- Place cuticle cream on the base of the cuticles, place hand in a bowl and soak for 5 minutes.
- Use the wooden pusher to gently push back your cuticles.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 on the other hand.
- Buff nails gently with the buffer
- Cream with lotion.
- If you got the option with base coat. Apply base coat and then apply colour of your
Click here to purchase your Cher-Mere Shellac Polish & Manicure Spa at Home kit.