It’s officially summertime! Warm weather, sunshine, and tons of outdoor activities. While this season brings in lots of fun the hot weather can damage our hair, leaving it dry, and brittle. Let’s go over the perfect routine to maintain luscious and healthy hair all summer long. In this blog post, we will explore the top ‘to dos’ to keep your hair healthy and beautiful during the heat!
Be gentle when washing:
- Frequent washing can strip your hair of its natural oils, leading to dryness and frizz. Cher-Mere herbal shampoo with rachette and aloe gives a gentle clean while balancing the pH. Additionally, try to limit your hair washing routine to every other day or a few times a week to maintain your hair's natural oils.
Pick the right conditioner for your type:
- Using the right deep conditioner is essential during the summer. Cher-Mere deep conditioners help replenish moisture, repair damage, and restore vitality to your locks. Our all natural conditioners contain shea butter, coconut oil, or moroccan- argan oil that provides the right care for your hair type.
For any hair type: straight, wavy or curly.
For thin hair.
Try our moroccan organ oil conditioner for colour/chemically treated hair.Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!
- Hot summer days can dehydrate your hair, leaving it dry and prone to breakage. Keep your locks hydrated by drinking plenty of water and using moisturizing hair products (see examples below). Adopting a hot oil treatment weekly will help nourish your hair too.
Thinning Hair Moisturizer is enriched with Organic Certified Shea butter, Jojoba, Olive, Coconut Oil, Protectagen (rice protein), and Vitamin E. Apply a small amount to damp hair brush through and style.
Moroccan-Argan oil leave in treatment for colour-treated hair moisturizes and improves manageability of hair with ingredients like Moroccan Argan Seed oIl and hydrolyzed protein. Apply a small amount to damp hair on your mids to ends brush through and style! For extra moisture combo with the Moroccan argan oil.
Shield your hair from the sun:
- The intense rays of the sun can be harmful to your hair, leading to dryness, color fading, and weakened strands. Protect your hair by wearing a hat, scarf, or using a UV-protective hair spray. Minimize your exposure to direct sunlight, especially during peak hours, and consider seeking shade whenever possible.
Protect your hair while swimming:
- Chlorine from swimming pools and lake water can be harsh on your hair, causing damage and discoloration. Before diving in, wet your hair (use our spray bottle!) with clean water to prevent it from absorbing excess chlorine or toxins. Consider wearing a swim cap to shield your hair, or apply a protective leave-in conditioner: the iNatural leave-in conditioning cream, to create a barrier between your hair and the water.
Minimize heat styling:
- During the summer, give your hair a break from excessive heat styling. Blow dryers, curling irons, and straighteners can further dry out your hair and increase the risk of damage. Embrace your natural texture by opting for heatless hairstyles or allowing your hair to air dry whenever possible.
With the right care and attention, you can enjoy healthy and beautiful hair all summer long. Shielding your hair from the sun, hydrating regularly, and minimizing heated styling are some of the key steps to keep your locks in great shape. Consider washing your hair every 3-4 days instead of daily, and use a weekly hot oil treatment! By adopting these top tips, you'll be well on your way to flaunting gorgeous, envy seeking hair all summer long.- Ffion Digital Media Specialist