Give Back Projects
Community Care: "Give-Back Project"
The Canadian branch of Cher-Mère was opened in August 2013. Just as with our Caribbean locations, Cher-Mère Canada from the start has taken up the mantle of giving back to the community. Cher-Mère Canada is a member of 1 in 100 + Women Kingston. As faith would have it, Dr. Aba Mortley spoke on behalf of our nominated charity, Youth Diversion and as the winning charity, we were able to turn that $100 donation to over $12,000 to Youth Diversion.
Every month, Cher-Mère chooses a local charity and donates either a portion of sales or services to a local Kingston charity or we encourage our clients to bring in items requested by local organizations for a discount on their services.
- Help Line for Indigenous Children
- COVID-19 India Relief Fund
- Relief for Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Volcano Efforts
- Period Poverty Drive through United Way Kingston
- United Way Kingston
- Food Sharing Project
- Heart and Stroke Canada
- Youth Diversion Kingston
- The Food Sharing Project
- Queen’s Shinerama
- Poppy Memorial
- Kingston 4 Paws
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Habitat for Humanity
- Wanabo Centre for Aboriginal Women
- Save a Life Syria
- Breast Cancer Action Kingston
- Heather Haynes African Initiatives
- Community Foundation of Kingston
- Dress for Success
- KGH Kids Cancer Foundation
- Lunch by George
- The Food Bank
- The Alzhimers Society of KPF&L
- United Way
- Several fundraising endeavours for schools, clients and the Kingston Community.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device