6 Easy Steps for Healthy Skin!
Often times we overlook the importance of taking care of our skin and particularly our face. With these 6 easy steps you can be well on your way to a glowing face.
- Use sunscreen that has a sufficient SPF: Sunscreen with SPF protects your skin from ultraviolet rays emitted from the sun which can be harmful to the skin causing major health problems such as skin cancer. With that being said, choose a moisturizer with SPF to help protect your skin.
- Avoid direct sunlight and wear hats and glasses: You are most vulnerable when exposed to direct sunlight. Wearing a hat and sunglasses to shield the facial area, not only protects your eyes but that thin layer of skin surrounding the eyes, which is a very sensitive area prone to dryness and darkness.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking dehydrates the skin, so remember to take steps for extra hydration if you do smoke.
- Wash your face everyday: It is recommended that you wash your face twice a day. Keeping your pores clean and clear will help to avoid breakouts and it removes excess oil build up which can also cause breakouts. However be careful with what products you use to wash your face as all products are not equal! Alcohol based products can leave the skin dry. Each skin type has its own requirements and therefore you should use the line best suited to your skin type. If you need help figuring out your skin type, you can visit any Cher-Mère location for a skin consultation.
- Moisturize daily: Moisturizing helps to prevent dryness it can also heal dryness. It helps to improve the general skin tone and texture of your skin while minimizing the appearance of fine lines and imperfections in the skin. It is recommended that you do it twice a day after you wash your face.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is one of the single most important steps in maintaining healthy skin. Your body needs water to function and when your body is dehydrated it leaves your skin dehydrated. This is why it is important to drink the recommended amount of water each day for the skin to stay hydrated and the body to function properly.
Now that you know these 6 easy steps try them out and see what difference it makes for your skin.